We are going to present the top 10 construction companies in India which are playing an important role in our economic growth.
The construction sector is the second largest employer in India after the Indian Railways. It has the fastest growth right from the start of the 1990s.
Around 35 million people are working, and it is contributing around 12% of GDP.
It was estimated to be a $120 billion worth industry. As India is rapidly developing in industries and transports, many companies are preferring to enter into this field.
Some of the below-listed companies are started in other sectors that got into the construction field due to the highest demand.
The construction field is basically classified into three types;
- Infrastructure, which involves roads, ports, railways, power, and irrigation, etc.
- Industrial, which involves projects from manufacturing sectors or companies.
- And Real Estate, which involves commercial buildings, residential, malls, etc.
The main reason for tremendous growth in this field is the urbanization of rural India and economic development as well.
The following are the Top 10 Construction Companies in India. They are well-reputed and trusted among different countries in the world.
We made the list according to their number of projects undertaken and their reputation in the industry.
Larsen and Toubro
L&T is one of the well-known construction companies in the world. It was found in the year 1938 and working as an Indian multinational conglomerate.
They have undertaken many governments flyover, bridges, buildings, etc. and has been a trustworthy company for their quality engineering works.
Apart from construction, they are also into information technology, finance, and manufacturing.
A few of the renowned projects undertaken by them are Panipat Elevated Corridor, Fertilizer Plant for NFCL Kakinada, Coimbatore Bypass, Krishnagiri Bypass in Tamil Nadu.
Also Read: Top 10 Places To Visit In UK
GMR Infrastructure Limited
Grandhi Mallikarjuna Rao founded the company in 1978. They are actively participating in the energy sector and airport development.
One of the giants in the construction field marked around 8000 crores of revenue as of July 2015.
They are handling projects in Turkey, the Philippines, Maldives, Indonesia, and India. Their performing well in Highways, airports, real estate, and energy projects.
Indira Gandhi international airport in New Delhi and Rajiv Gandhi international airport in Telangana is two of the renowned projects completed by the GMR group.
The company had a very humble start. They dealt with Agri based products such as sugar, jute, and breweries and slowly moved to construction to become one of the top players.
Also Read: Top 10 Richest Person In The World
Reliance Infrastructure Limited
One of the top companies which need no introduction headed by Anil Ambani.
Their main focus is on metro rail, bridges, airports, power plants, defense, roads, and toll roads.
They received a national award for excellence in energy management.
Coal-based Thermal Power stations in Maharashtra, Nanded Airport in Maharashtra, Delhi airport express are a few of the well-known projects of Reliance.
They have constructed a 5600 MW gas thermal plant in Dadri in Uttar Pradesh, Reliance Infrastructure Limited is the largest grassroots gas-fired generation plant in the world.
Also Read: Top 10 Poorest Country In The World
Hindustan Construction Company
One of the olden golden company in India which started in the year 1926.
Hindustan Construction Company is very well known in the construction industry who undertaken projects, Bridges, Tunnels, Power field, and Expressways, etc.
They are into real estate, engineering, Urban development and management, chemicals, jute products, performance polymers, education, etc.
They hold the largest ISO 9001-2008 steel foundry in the Indian private sector. And pioneering in Bolsters and side frames exports.
Also Read: Top 10 Protein Shakes For Weight Gain
This company is well known for winning the first metro project from the Chennai metro rail.
They have significant growth thermal projects in Rajasthan. One of their solar power plants was recently inaugurated in the Indian Parliament.
Lanco is India’s largest power provider which is independent.
They are also renowned for the Udupi power corporation ltd project and the Devihalli Highway project.
Also Read: Top 10 Tallest Statues in the World
Punj Lloyd group
One of the fastest-growing group in India which started in 1982 as a part of the Punj Lloyd group which also deals with energy, hospitals, transportation, marketing, and roads.
They have done reputed projects like Bangalore Metro Rail, Heera field redevelopment for ONGC, Chhabra Thermal power project, and 5MW solar power plant at Bap, Rajasthan.
This group is also operating in South Asia, the middle east, Europe, Africa, and Caspian.
Also Read: Top 10 Best Vacation Spots of America
It was started in the year 1994. GVK infrastructure is a conglomerate actively participating in mining, hospitality, power, and road infrastructure.
They are known for excellent quality work that follows strict timelines and delivery time.
They have worked for Deoli- Kota expressway, Kempegowda International airport in Bangalore, and Hydroelectric project in Jammu and Kashmir.
They also acquired Australian coal mines in Queensland for US $1.26 billion. And invested $3.3 billion in pipelines.
Also Read: Top 10 Most Beautiful Cities In The World
It was founded in 1994 and since then bagging up many big infrastructure projects related to the environment and constructions.
Ramky Infrastructure is contributing significantly to global economic progress and mainly concentrating on transportation, water & wastage, environment management irrigation infrastructure, energy, distribution, and transmission, etc.
Also Read: Top 10 Most Beautiful Places In The World
Jai Prakash associates
Jai Prakash construction company got known by their acquisition of 990mz Punatsangachhu Hydroelectric project in Bhutan which is in the joint association of Bhutan and Indian governments.
The project is about the diversional tunnel and dam which includes hydro-mechanical works.
It values around 225 crores. It is a public listed company and a part of the Jaypee group of corporations.
It was founded in the year 1979 and worked for many road, sports, power, hospitality, real estate related projects.
A few of the big projects they worked on are 1450 MZ HEP in Gujarat, Yamuna expressway, 1000 MZ Karcham dam in Himachal Pradesh, and Cement blending &grinding unit in Uttar Pradesh.
Also Read: Top 10 Best Clothing Brands For Men
IRB infrastructure developers ltd
This group is known for completing a vast majority of roads around 9100 kilometers in India.
IRB Infrastructure has worked for the Mumbai-Pune expressway and Ahmedabad -Vadodara expressway.
They are well known for their impressive performance and top-line growth.
Though it is placed in the 10th position, who knows with its tremendous growth year by year can make it jump to the top of the list in the coming years.
Also Read: Top 10 Most Beautiful Girl In The World
- Top Ten Most Expensive Cars In The World
- Top 10 Best IT Companies in India | Information Technology | MNC
- Top 10 Construction Companies in India | Major infrastructure Groups
- Top 10 Network Marketing Companies in India
- Top 10 Best Play School in Zirakpur | Kindergarten
- Top 10 Best Schools In Zirakpur | CBSE | ICSE
- Top 10 Network Marketing Companies in the World
- Top 10 Best Schools in Dehradun | CBSE | ICSE | Boarding
- Top 10 Best Gifts For Valentines Day | Girlfriend | Boyfriend
- Top 10 Cement Companies In India
- Top 10 Best Play School in Bhubaneswar
- Top 10 Best School in Chandigarh | CBSE | ICSE | Convent
- Top 10 Best Play School in Chandigarh | Playway | kindergarten | Pre-Schools
- Top 10 Universities in India | Top Ranking Universities
- Top 10 Best School in Panchkula | CBSE | ICSE | Convent
- Top 10 Best Government Model Senior Secondary School in Chandigarh | CBSE
- Top 10 Mobile Companies In India
- Top 10 FMCG Companies in India
- Top 10 Best Clothing Brands For Men | Popular Name Brand Clothing
- Top 10 Christmas And New Year Presents For Girlfriend
- Top 10 Most Beautiful Girl In The World
- Top 10 Richest Person In The World | Wealthiest People
- Top 10 Best Meal Replacement Shakes For Weight Loss
- Top 10 Most Beautiful Cities In The World
- Top 10 Places To Visit In UK | Tourist Attractions
- Most Beautiful Places In The World | Beautiful Landscapes
- Top Ten Places To Visit In India
- Top 10 BodyBuilders In The World
- Top 10 Most Expensive Bikes In The World
- Top Ten Protein Shakes For Weight Gain
- Top 10 Fastest Bikes In The World | High Speed Bikes
- Top 10 Places To Visit In USA | Best Vacation Spots of America
- Top 10 Largest Countries by Population | Most Populated Countries
- Top Ten Richest Countries In The World
- Top 10 Tallest Statues in the World | Largest Sculpture
- Top 10 Poorest Country In The World | Most Poverty Countries